9.15.2009

Homesick

Tonight I am 200 miles from home and I am homesick! I've only been here three days and only have two more to go, but I don't like it here. It's a nice enough town, but it's not my town! I don't really know anyone here and I don't know where anything is and I want to go home. I can tolerate, even enjoy, a little time here, but I wouldn't want to stay here forever.
You know, sometimes I feel like that in my spirit. I guess deep inside... I'm homesick! Homesick for a place I've never seen! I like it here well enough and have enjoyed many things, but I wouldn't want to stay here forever. I have friends and family here and I guess if it were not for them, I'd be ready to go home today! Then again, I know that whoever of us goes first, the rest will follow! I am blessed to know that my entire immediate family have all given their hearts to the Lord.
In Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Not Home Yet", the chorus says "Keep on looking ahead, let your heart not forget, we are not home yet.". Sometimes we forget that, as Christians, we are not home yet! This place is not home, it's a staging ground, a proofing place, a learning center, but it's not home! I think we all feel that yearning for home deep down inside! I'm feeling it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.