9.14.2010

Lord, Lord

Do I think President Obama is a Muslim? No, I don't. Do I think he's a Christian? Well... I think he thinks he is, let's put it that way. I'm not his judge and God is the only one who truly knows his heart, but I always like to see some apples before I call it an apple tree. And I ain't seen no apples!
Jesus said we would be known by our fruit. In other words, talk is cheap and actions always speak louder than words. Remember the old adage "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck... it's probably a duck"? Christians are supposed to act more like Christ (hence the name) and less like the world. Sanctification is a process and none of us are perfect, but we should be more like Jesus today than we were yesterday.
Jesus asked some "religious" folk why they called him Lord but didn't do what he said. So apparently, Jesus expects people who confess to be Christians to do what he says! I don't think Jesus would be persuaded by the "women have a right to abort their babies because it's their body" talk. I can't imagine Jesus "tolerating" homosexuality (after all, male and female created he them) and the one who said "I AM THE WAY" wouldn't go for this "many ways to God" gibberish!
All I'm saying is this: if you're going to call yourself a Christian, be a Christian! Act like Jesus if you're going to use his name! If you call him Lord, do what he says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.