5.17.2010

Sick and Tired (of being sick and tired)

I've been sick for a little while now. For the last 7 months I've been getting sick, being sick or getting over being sick. I'm sick of it! But, believe it or not, it's done me good!
Being this sick for this long has made me take a hard look at pretty much everything I thought I knew and believed; about me, about life, and also about God. In sickness, the Holy Spirit has taught me more in 7 months than I learned the last 25 years of my Christian life! It's a hard way to learn, but it sure is effective!
It's been a while since my last post and I've really missed it. But, it's hard to think about much else when you feel so poorly in your body. I want to share some of the things I've learned and I promise to do so shortly.
I'm thankful that our Heavenly Father loves us so very much that He is willing to allow us to suffer (as He suffers watching us suffer!) and learn and grow, rather than allow us to be ignorant and complacent in peace and wellness. That's real love! But He promised that the good work He has begun in us, He will finish. Let His perfect will be done.... whether it feels good or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.