4.13.2009

Phobes?

There was a time in this great country when a person could disagree with someone or something without having "phobe" attached to the end of what they disagreed with and then the whole (whatever)-phobe attached to their name. For example, if I disagree morally with the gay and lesbian lifestyle then I'm branded a homo-phobe. I'm not afraid of homosexuals, I just morally disagree with their lifestyle. Doesn't the United States Constitution give me the freedom to disagree with anything I want to? Do I not have the right to be the most disagreeable person on earth if I choose to?! (I'm not, but don't I have the right to be?!)
I'm not afraid of homosexuals nor do I hate them; I just reject their chosen lifestyle as unnatural and I believe the Bible teaches that it is an abomination to God. He judged that lifestyle, not me. I'm just agreeing with His judgment! Did I lose that right and no one told me about it? Did someone whack off a big chunk of the Constitution and I didn't hear about it?! Or is this all pressure to make me say that "anything goes" just so that I'll fit in? Ain't gonna happen!! Everybody has an opinion and mine is worth as much as anybody else's, even if mine isn't a popular one!
I don't call homosexuals derogatory names. I'm not their boss nor their nanny. They choose the lifestyle they want and they have the right to do that. They have the right to make their case for gay rights, gay marriage and anything else. But don't I have that same right?! Sure I do and you do as well! If anyone wants to be a homosexual then let them be a homosexual, but don't try to force me to agree with it! I'm an American! I'm free to think and say what I feel is right! I certainly don't have the right to harm anyone, but I do have the right to disagree with them! Why do homosexuals get to call me derogatory names just because I disagree with them? Do I lose my right to express my opinion if that opinion is unpopular?
Call me anything you want to, you have the right to free speech. The only thing I'm afraid of these days is that we Americans have lost our moral compass as well as our backbones. And if we're not careful, we'll be robbed of our right to think for ourselves and express those thoughts in the public forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.