6.16.2010

My Life is His Life

My life belongs to God. He gave it to me and He keeps it going. It is not mine to do with as I please and it is not the devil's to steal away from me. God gives life and everyone who lives owes gratitude to God.
Someday my life will be over. It is at God's discretion as to when that will be. When He decides it is time, it will be time.... and that's alright. The devil can't scare me with threats of death because I know he can't take my life; God is the one who "gives and takes away". And I know that God's will is perfect and everything He does is just what's good for me.
I hope to live a good long time yet and I have every reason to believe I will, but God knows what's best and I defer to His judgment completely. He says in Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." That's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.