7.12.2009

God Is!

"I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are believers. It isn't just that I don't believe in God and, naturally, I hope I'm right in my belief. It's that I hope there is no God! I don't want there to be a God; I don't want the universe to be like that." ~ Thomas Nagle


I ran across this quote on the internet somewhere the other day. It is more proof of what I have said time and time again; People don't want God because they don't want anyone they have to answer to! They don't want anyone to tell them what to do! They don't see God as a Father or guardian intent on helping, but as a harsh taskmaster who enjoys telling people what to do and then punishing them when they fail.

It's seems odd to me that people hope there is no God and fight tooth and nail to prove that He doesn't exist, but hope there is life on other planets and are eager to believe in aliens and spaceships! It also seems odd to me that anyone would expend so much energy (and often, anger!) fighting against the teachings of someone they claim doesn't even exists! If Jesus wasn't the Son of God and God doesn't exist, then it doesn't matter what we believers claim He said (or what He commands us to do or not to do for that matter!) so just let it slide; It won't amount to anything anyway! But the mere fact that they fight so hard against the idea of God tells me that somewhere deep inside they think He does exist! They are trying harder to convince themselves than us that He doesn't exist!

God exists and believing that He doesn't won't kill Him! Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord! Remember that old oil commercial where the mechanic is telling everyone that it's better to spend a few dollars changing your oil and filter than wait too late and have to pay for an engine overhaul? He says "It's up to you. You can pay me now or pay me later!" Well, it's up to you; You can call Him Lord now or call Him Lord later. The difference is, later will be too late!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.