8.07.2009

Agree to Disagree

"My dear friends, as a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ, I beg you to get along with each other. Don't take sides. Always try to agree in what you think." 1Cor 1.10 CEV

If the Apostle Paul was unhappy with the people of the Church at Corinth back then, what on earth would he think of us today?! Can you even imagine the scathing letters he would be writing to us?! Actually, he probably wouldn't even write letters, he would more likely just jump a jet and head over here to talk to us face to face!
Why, oh why can't we learn to love each other? Why can't we agree to disagree? I can love you without agreeing with everything you say! I can love you if I don't agree with anything you say! As a matter of fact, it's not my choice whether I love you or not, I am commanded to do so! We are to love all people. Jesus said that would be how people could really know we are his!
And what's more, if you believe that Jesus is the son of God and that He died for your sins, you are my brother! How can I expect anything from God my Father if I don't love my brother?! How can we say we love a Father we haven't seen when we can't love our brother whom we can see? And why would anyone I witness to want what I have when I can't even get along with my Christian family?
Maybe we need a modern day Paul to chew us out really good now and then! We should be ashamed of ourselves! What a poor light we are shining upon the name of Jesus when we bicker and fight among ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.