8.16.2009

Fathers Hearts

I just took my son off to college and I am missing him something awful. It has only been two days, but it feels like a month. The old saying is that you don't miss the water 'til the well runs dry and that works just as well with people. Your family is around you all the time and it's easy to take their constant presence for granted. When they're off somewhere for awhile, you really start to miss their company. You don't realize how wonderful they make you feel until they're hundreds of miles away. I miss my son.
I know that I'm a human and God is supernatural and perfect, but I can only imagine how He feels when we let our prayer lives deteriorate; When we gradually stop spending time with Him like we used to. I believe we have feelings and emotions because our Heavenly Father hsa them. The difference, of course, is that we allow ourselves to ruled by them and He does not. But, I believe it breaks His heart when we abandon Him for other things or other people. I believe He grieves when we don't pay Him attention. I believe He misses us.
Yes, God is omnipresent, He is everywhere, all the time, I know. But He gives us our space and free will even when that means He has to let us move away from Him. I think I understand God's love for me better today than I did yesterday. I think I understand more about how He feels when I'm not around Him in prayer. I don't want Him to miss me. My son is 125 miles away and I can't see him just any time I want. But, I am just a head-bow and a prayer from my Heavenly Father and I can speak with Him anytime I want or need to. And I intend to spend much more time with Him from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.