11.03.2013

Torn

I find myself torn. I'm torn between two paths. On the one hand, I love people. I believe that we are all created in God's image and are equal in his eyes, created with purpose and meaning, created with value. I don't want anyone to perish. I don't want anyone to suffer or be absent from God's presence. I want everyone to see God for who he is and love him and be loved by him. I want us to love each other and put away our differences (and our indifference) and put an end to racism, hate and "man's inhumanity to man".
On the other hand, I'm so tired of trying to tell people about Jesus and being called intolerant, phobic, insensitive, unreasonable and simple-minded for my trouble. Part of me wants to just be quiet, keep it to myself and let them find out the hard way. I know that one millisecond after they die, they will believe in God. And I know that it will be too late for that knowledge to benefit them.
It is only the love of God that the Holy Spirit has "spread abroad in my heart" that keeps me going. It is that love that keeps me preaching a Gospel that I know most people don't want to hear, don't appreciate, and will revile and ridicule me for. I pray that I never give in to my emotions, my human frailty. I pray that I keep on preaching, expounding, being a living witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.