8.10.2007

Peace

There was a time when I wasn't sure exactly what "the peace of Jesus" was. Jesus said "not as the world gives". Peace is peace, right? Well, it turns out that the world's peace and Jesus' peace are totally different!
Peace in the world means nothing bad is going on. (When was the last time there was nothing bad going on around you in the world?) By that definition, where would a person ever find peace these days? Watch the evening news and try to lay down to sleep with any kind of peace!
The peace we have in Jesus is a whole other concept. Jesus' peace is in spite of bad things happening around us! It truly is "peace in the midst of the storm"! Instead of worrying, I can pray. I know that Jesus is listening and answering. I can trust Him to do what I can't do. I can trust in His promise that all things will work together for my good. It doesn't matter what is going on around me, I can still have peace!
You may choose to believe that there is no God. You may choose not to serve God even though you know He exists. That it is your free-will choice to make. You may even choose to make fun of me as I trust in Him.
But, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! And we will rest in His peace! And we will trust His promises!
If you need peace in the midst of your storm, please.... please, talk to Jesus. He loves you and will help you.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.