8.13.2007

Religion

I do not believe in religion. That might seem like a strange thing for a Christian to say, but not if you understand that Christianity should have nothing to do with religion. Religion is a way of doing things (or not doing things) that will lead a person to God and make them right in His sight. Christianity says that doing things (and/or not doing things) will never lead a person to God, nor will they make one right with God. We are following a person, not a set of directives.
Since the fall in the Garden of Eden, we have all felt an emptiness inside of us. That feeling that something is missing haunts us all. How we deal with that feeling is all important. I have tried the religious route, doing and not doing "things". I failed in a big way! Maybe you still think you can do it, but I have tried and I can't. I believe the point of the law is to show us that we can't do it on our own. I am glad I am past "doing the law" and have turned my life over to Jesus. For the first time in my life I know His rest and His peace. I'm not saying I don't do good things and avoid doing wrong things, but my motivation has changed. I do good things because I love Jesus and I avoid wrong things for the same reason. Actually I'm not even the one doing the good things, Jesus is doing them in me and through me for Himself. It truly is rest!
Jesus is the way!, the only way. You may not believe that and that is your right. No one should be forced, or even "feel" forced to believe in Jesus. The whole point to Christianity is we love Him because we want to. Free-will love is the only real love. I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything, I'm just trying to help you find peace and rest. All I can do is tell you my experience and hopefully save you some hard times and heartaches.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts.